Commercial Driver’s License Exams at Alpine Chiropractic and Massage
Dr. Thomas Schill, DC, PA offers medical exams for current commercial drivers license (CDL) holders and applicants. These are the medical exams that are mandatory every 2 years or sooner.
The National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (National Registry) is a new Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) program. It requires all medical examiners (MEs) who wish to perform physical examinations for interstate commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers to be trained and certified in FMCSA physical qualification standards. Medical examiners who have completed the training and successfully passed the test are included in an online directory on the National Registry website.
Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements
Passing the CDL DOT physical will require:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are permitted.
- Must be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 140/90. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Your blood sugar level must be less than 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is disallowed